What are the Vital Things to Take into Account for Disaster Preparedness?
It is important for each and every person, nonetheless the present situation that they are facing right now must be well-versed about disaster preparedness. Make sure that you don’t think that a disaster, whether manmade or natural can’t touch you. We are all susceptible to experiencing the dangers brought about by disasters. It is vital that you know as many disaster preparedness guides as possible in order to help you survive during the worst case scenario. Now, in the extent of this article, we could not mention all of the disaster preparedness tips. There are just a great deal of tips, on the other hand, we will only be tackling about the more important ones.
1. First of all, the most important tip is to make certain that you and your family has already planned a communication scheme like family disaster plan. This can be done in a number of means, but then again, one of the most essential is to make sure that you have at least one family member or at least a friend who is living far away who can contact all of you in case that you lose contact with one another.
2. Be certain that you know all of the ways for emergency evacuation as they pertain to your community as well as workplace.
3. Be certain that you are knowledgeable as to how to turn off all of the utilities such as electricity, water and especially gas.
4. Make certain that you have an emergency survival kit or package in place for every member of your family that has at least enough supplies like medications, blankets, clothing, water, food and etc that could last for at least 72 hours or more.
5. And also, make certain that you have cash on hand since there is a high probability that the ATM will not be working or the credit card terminals in case that some stores are still open.
6. This one must be a total must. Make sure that you spend some of your time to join trainings about CPR techniques and first aids. And it is definitely worth it to allot some of your time to know how to save your life or even the life of another individual.
7. Make sure to set a reunion point or a meeting place that is designated to all of your family members or household to gather at.
8. Make sure that you know and understand that there are certain kinds of disasters that are more disposed to take place in particular locations and areas. As a result, be sure to know what prone to happen in your place.
Source: urban survival skills