Important Points to Keep in Mind for Disaster Preparedness
It is important for each and every person, nonetheless the present situation that they are facing right now must be well-versed about disaster preparedness. Be certain that you don’t think that disaster be it manmade or natural is not able to cause harm or danger to you and your property. We are all susceptible to experiencing the dangers brought about by disasters. It is important that you know a lot of disaster preparedness tips in order to assist you to survive to any disaster situations. Now, in the extent of this article, we could not mention all of the disaster preparedness tips. There are just numerous tips, but then again, we will only discuss a couple of them particularly the most important ones.
1. First of all, the most important tip is to make certain that you and your family has already planned a communication scheme like family disaster plan. This can be done in a number of means, but then again, one of the most essential is to make sure that you have at least one family member or at least a friend who is living far away who can contact all of you in case that you lose contact with one another.
2. Be certain that you know all of the ways for emergency evacuation as they pertain to your community as well as workplace.
3. Be certain that you are knowledgeable as to how to turn off all of the utilities such as electricity, water and especially gas.
4. Make certain that you have an emergency survival kit or package in place for every member of your family that has at least enough supplies like medications, blankets, clothing, water, food and etc that could last for at least 72 hours or more.
5. And also, make certain that you have cash on hand since there is a high probability that the ATM will not be working or the credit card terminals in case that some stores are still open.
6. And this one should be a complete must. Be certain that you allot some time to learn how to do first aid as well as CPR techniques. And it is definitely worth it to allot some of your time to know how to save your life or even the life of another individual.
7. Make sure to set a reunion point or a meeting place that is designated to all of your family members or household to gather at.
8. Be sure to know and understand that particular disasters are more susceptible to take place in certain areas and places. Hence, find out what is more likely to take place in your area.